Monday, February 9, 2009

Playlist for February 9, 2008

I originally didn't have any theme in mind for the show today, but early in the show I decided to spin a lot of world music. The World Music selections are in red, though acts like Om and Comets on Fire have large eastern tantric and psychedelic influences in them.

While I'm two weeks late, I would also want to acknowledge Mick Harvey's departure from Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds after 25 years. It has been almost impossible to imagine the music of Nick Cave without Mick Harvey as his axeman. I wish Mick Harvey the best in his solo efforts and am anxious to see what Mick and Nick do next, regardless of no longer collaborating.

Setlist:
Comets on Fire- Dogwood Rust (Avatar)
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds- Cabin Fever (From Her to Eternity)
Om- Bhima's Theme (Pilgrimmage)
Parmela Attaruwala- Whispers of the Water (Sapphire Skies)
Shashi-Lata Virk- Labe Lalli Sharah Kee Batein (Dreams)
Bombay Dub Orchestra- Map of Dusk (3 Cities)
Abraham Eetak- Willow's Song (Willow's Song)
Himiko- Nanika Ga Hajimaru (Shippo o Tsukame)
Bad Brains- Fearless Vampire Killers (S/T)
Duke Ellington- Fleurette Africaine (Money Junkies)
Masia One- Head in the Clouds (Pulau)
Toy Killers- Bleed for the Mind (The Unlistenable Years)
Horde of Two- Conversations in a Berlin Train Station (Guitar and Bass Actions)
Michael Matthews- On the Outer Edge (Cult Figures- Electroacoustic Music from Canada)

3 comments:

  1. woo woo world music! have u ever heard "gypsy" music?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I didn't know you had a blog. Cool stuff. Can I add you to my links?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most def. And I shall do the same to all my homies once I get the full swing of blogging.

    ReplyDelete